I absolutely love curry because of its rich and bold flavor. Add a creamy component to it and some pasta, and you have a perfect blend of a delicious, comforting, savory dish!
I was excited to make this creamy sauce with Pasta Lensi’s Yellow Lentil Penne Rigate. With only yellow lentil flour as an ingredient, this legume pasta is loaded with protein and fiber, and pairs perfectly with this creamy recipe.
This post is sponsored by Pasta Lensi! Thank you so much for supporting the brands who support Veggie Peggy. All content and opinions are my own.
When it comes to pasta, there are two things that I love: thick sauce and veggies. This is why I enjoyed making this recipe so much, and why I think you’ll love it too. And with the sauce being just a few ingredients and easy to make, you will most likely find yourself making this recipe multiple times a week! It is also a great dish to meal prep and heat up later.
Pasta Lensi’s Yellow Lentil Penne Rigate was easy to prepare, and with this dairy-free, creamy sauce that coats each noodle, you can enjoy this flavorful dish for lunch or dinner!
Creamy Curry Pasta
- 1 box 10oz Penne Rigate Pasta Lensi Yellow Lentil
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 15 oz can coconut milk full fat
- 1 teaspoon salt or add to taste
- 10 oz baby bella or cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- Cook the Yellow Lentil Penne Rigate from Pasta Lensi in salted water as indicated in package directions. I love my pasta soft, so I boiled for a little more than 8 minutes. Boil pasta to preferred texture, or using package instructions, remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, in a medium to large pot heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the curry powder to coat the onions for about 30-60 seconds. Pour in coconut milk and season with salt. Stir together and gently raise heat so that the sauce boils.
- Simmer the sauce in medium low heat and add mushrooms. Stir and cover pot for about two minutes until mushrooms are cooked. If needed, add boiling pasta water, ¼ cup at a time if sauce is too thick. Remember, you’ll want enough sauce to coat your pasta.
- Pour the drained Pasta Lensi Yellow Lentil Penne Rigate into the pot with the creamy curry sauce and stir until all the noodles are coated. Remove from heat and add two handfuls of spinach (or more if desired). Stir until spinach wilts. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This looks so yummy! Can’t wait to try it out
Just made it very good. Thanks for a great vegan option
Thank you so much for the feedback! Have a great week 🙂