With spring time and new beginnings around the corner, many of us are reminded to prioritize our health. Although my hope is that we all prioritize our health all year round, there’s something about the year being new and starting a new page that rejuvenates our health goals. I am a big proponent of making health goals easy and enjoyable. What better motivation is there than actually enjoying your journey to better health? What we choose to eat is important, but that does not mean it has to be boring. Making health goals enjoyable includes making meals simple, delicious, and of course, HEALTHY!Jump to Recipe
That is why I love using Pasta Lensi’s new Lentil & Vegetable Blend Pastas, because it is a legume pasta that is full of flavor. It starts with one simple ingredient, lentils, and blends in veggies and spices for extra flavor. So, when I saw there was a Lentil Pasta with Beet and Ginger, I could not wait to try it with my recipe for garlic-ginger sauce. I just knew it would be a match made in taste-bud heaven, and I was so right! And now, I am excited to share my Stir Fry Veggie Pasta with you.
This simple recipe is divided into three short parts – the pasta, the garlic-ginger sauce and the stir fry vegetables. Once done, they are combined for a delicious, healthy, plant-based dish that you can enjoy for lunch or dinner. I like to make this in batches because it is a great dish for meal prep.
I love stir frys because they’re a great way to top your plate with a variety of nutritious vegetables. I chose some of my favorite vegetables for this stir fry recipe, but they can easily be swapped out for vegetables of your preference. Pasta Lensi Lentil Pasta with Beets and Ginger is also loaded with plant-based goodness! We’ve got veggies on veggies going on here, and I just love it! This Pasta Lensi Lentil Pasta with Beet and Ginger is a good source of protein, iron and potassium. It is also an excellent source of fiber, it is gluten free, vegan, cholesterol-free and very low in sodium. With this bold-flavored legume pasta being simple and nutritious, it pairs perfectly with this sweet and savory garlic-ginger sauce that I hope you try out and enjoy for yourself.
Stir Fry Veggie Pasta
- 1 box 9oz package Pasta Lensi Lentil Pasta with Beet and Ginger
- 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoon constarch (mixed in 1/4 cup water)
STIR FRY INGREDIENTS
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- (sliced scallions for garnish)
- Boil pasta for 5 to 7 minutes according to package directions, addingsalt to taste if desired. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, broth and brown sugar. Stir, mix well and set aside.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup water. Stir, mix well and set aside.
- Heat a pan or large skillet over high heat; add the cooking oil; add the garlic and ginger; cook, stirring until fragrant for about 15 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce, broth and sugar mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 minute.
For Stir Fry Vegetables
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil ina large skillet over high heat (you can use the same skillet from garlic-gingersauce).
- Add the peppers, shallots, beansprouts and garlic powder; cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and thepeas; cook for 2 minutes. Avoid over-cooking. The vegetables should be brightand tender-crisp.
- Add soy sauce mixture into the cooked vegetables and stir for about a minute. Then add cooked Pasta Lensi Lentil Pasta with Beet and Ginger. Garnishwith scallions and enjoy!
Leave A Comment