This Lemon Pesto Pasta Salad has it all; it’s flavorful, rich, delicious, quick and simple. I enjoyed my homemade lemon pesto with Pasta Lensi Lentil Pasta with Spinach and Basil, and it was so delightful. What’s better than a delicious, quick and easy meal? When it’s delicious, quick, easy AND nutritious! These days, it is rare to hear the words “fast” and “nutritious” together, but it certainly isn’t impossible! Pasta Lensi Lentil Pasta with Spinach and Basil is a legume pasta that provides 22 grams of plant-based protein per 3.5 oz serving, and it is also an excellent source of fiber and iron. What I love most is that with the new lentil & vegetable blends line, you get a blend of veggies and spices right in your pasta- more flavor, less steps! I am always trying to add more nutritious meals in my daily routine. So, when I hear I can have all that in one dish, I am all in!
One of my goals this year is to optimize my time and spend it more intentionally. What I am discovering more and more is that being intentional with my time requires planning ahead. When it comes to preparing meals, thinking of something that is enjoyable and convenient can be a lifesaver. And what I love about this dish (besides how tasty it is) is that you can enjoy it right away or store it in the fridge and enjoy it chilled at another time without having to re-heat anything. The tomatoes, olives and splash of lemon juice give it a refreshing flavor when mixed with the boldness of the basil and garlic. And Pasta Lensi Lentil Pasta with Spinach and Basil is made with only four ingredients! Making it simple to add nutrition and flavor into each meal. Pasta Lensi Lentil Pasta with Spinach and Basil is not a swap for traditional pastas, rather it’s another way to eat healthfully and deliciously. This legume pasta is so easy and quick to prepare, which makes it convenient to focus on whipping up this delicious, colorful, flavorful, lemon pesto. I think you’ll love making this one!
Lemon Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 box 9oz package Pasta Lensi Lentil Pasta with Spinach and Basil
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons juice from lemon (or juice from ½ a lemon depending on size)
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews (or pine nuts, almonds or walnuts)
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or salt to taste)
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1 cup kalamata olives (halved or sliced)
- Cook pasta for 5 to 7 minutes according to package directions, addingsalt to taste if desired. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta boils, add the basil, cashews, garlic, lemon juice andsalt to your food processor. Pulse in slightly to mix/chopingredients.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor with spatula and add oil.
- Blend together once more until desired paste-like consistency (optional- add water for thinner pesto)
- Mix pesto in with pasta, then add tomatoes, olives and mix again.